Monday, May 19, 2008

Reasons For Not Posting

I know that there is very little in the way of excuses. But if you will give me leave to explain what, I feel, are some pretty solid reasons for being the absentee landlord of The Pub. The following are in no particular order of import.

1. Moved to Tulsa
2. Looking for supplemental income
3. Looking for a house/apartment
4. No immediate or convenient access to internet (I am at Borders right now)
5. Went to Ohio for 3 days to see Gramps who seems to be on his last legs
6. I AM GOING TO BE A FATHER (8 weeks 4 days)
7. Taking care of Brandi (see item 6)
8. I have cable tv for the first time in years


I wont go so far as to say "I make no apologies" or any type of over-defensive retort, but I do feel slightly justified in my absence.

Thank you for your patience and know that I will be back over the next few weeks to discuss some of the information on the above list.

Oh yeah, since my last market post, we have been in a rather steady uptrend, which has been nice. Options get cheaper etc. It has afforded about a 15% ROR over the last few weeks, so that has been nice. Fundamentally, I am still bearish because of the nature of the global economic fuck-up that we are experiencing. Technically, bullish, because... well... thats what the charts say. I know it may not make much sense, but the markets can and will be illogical. The questions is can you remain solvent during this period of time and stop worrying about being "right".

5 comments:

Brandi said...

You were supposed to wait for me to tell FIRST punk.

Men.

Colabella said...

Well Dear, based on the volume of comments for the post, I feel it is safe to say that either no one has noticed, or that no one reads this blog anymore. But who can blame them? I went from posting every other day to posting less than once a week. I would stop reading me too. So please don't over do it on the reaction.

Women.

LoriLoo310 said...

I agree with Brandi: Men.

Brandi Colby said...

Ok.. next post. I KNOW you have time, just sitting there in your hotel room bored... POST DAMNIT

bscarter said...

Very subtle. Nice reveal.