Monday, February 4, 2008

A Begrudgingliy Congratulatory Post

Congratulations (cough) to the (sniff) New York Giants, who last night, upset the rather heavily favored New England Chowds to win the Super Bowl. I was torn during the game because of my two hates. Hate 1) Anything Boston. Hate 2) The'72 Dolphins. In short, I wanted the Giants to win because I despise just about everything in Boston, but I wanted the Patriots to win because I can't stand those old bastards who celebrate the final undefeated team's first loss. So the game was bitter-sweet.

That said, it was one of the best NFL games I have watched in a long time. The only real problem I had with the game was the half-time show. I mean, seriously, how long is this knee jerk reaction to a nipple ring going to last? Who will it be next year? The Monkeys? Enough with the endless string of "Old Man River" performers. Give me something contemporary at least. I'm not asking to watch 50 Cent snort lines of cocaine off a stripper's ass (though that would certainly be entertaining). I just want someone who was popular AFTER my dad graduated high school.

But I digress. So (puke) congratulations to the (puke) Giants (puke).

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

GGG-G-U-Nit!

CP said...

I have to agree that it was the best NFL game I have seen in quite some time. Although, Eli bothers me. He walks around with that dumb-ass look on his face while continuously mouth-breathing. Dude, you know I'm right, he is such a mouth-breather.