Tuesday, April 1, 2008

And Finally Some Good News


I wanted Bill Self for the job a few years ago, but Roy Williams got called home to Chapel Hill. My wife says "we hired the wrong son". I am inclined to agree. Even though it is not the biggest or best program in the country (or even the BIG XII), Oklahoma State Basketball is not a program to be inherited or handed down like some fucking rag doll. All that bullshit about "Sean has been doing the coaching for years and Eddie has just been the face of the program." Are you kidding me? It appears that I was right not to trust that vile and poisonous propaganda.

In his two years as "official" head coach, he barely broke .500 and lost in the first round of the NIT... twice. I have been fuming from afar in the mountains about this... silently, waiting to plot my revenge on the boosters, the AD, the Head of Operations, the President of the university. I had to get rid of Sean Sutton.

BUT WAIT!!! GOOD NEWS!!!

That pezzo di merda has been removed from our sight roughly 8 years before I thought he would be. In a small town like Stillwater, a name carries a lot of weight. I was truly afraid that he would rest on his father's laurels for a decade before someone finally grew a brain and got a real coach.

Now that he is out, who is in? I, for one, would like to pursue Self a little bit more, but he is a Final Four coach now, so don't spin the wheels. Do we go for the other son Scott? How about Sean Miller from Xavier? Thoughts people. And I mean you Deuce... and you CP.

No comments: