Thursday, January 3, 2008

And the Award Goes to...

2007 AWARDS




DRINKING BUDDY OF THE YEAR: Benjamin. We started down a dangerous road when we discovered the greatness of single malt scotch. What an experience.

LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD (longest friend): Again Benjamin. 1988 was three weeks ago.

NEWCOMER AWARD - COOLEST NEWEST FRIEND? Tough one, but the award goes to Batzel. He has opened a lot of doors for me this year. Until I met him, I didn't know that business meetings took place at the strip club. Also considered: Brandon Armstrong

HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR? On April 7th I got married to my Brandi. Also considered: Vegas (Brandi took me and Adam joined us).

LOW POINT OF THE YEAR? Even though 2007 could go down as the best year of my life to date, the award goes to the small stretch of time that I was virtually alone in Utah.

BEST HOLIDAY? Christmas kicked so much ass this year. Great gifts and fellowship all around. Also considered: Thanksgiving

YOUR SONG FOR 2007: Black Magic Woman. Thank you Guitar Hero 3. Also considered: Benny Lava.

MOVIE FOR 2007? This was a close one. Transformers. Also considered: Harry Potter.

BEST RELATIONSHIP? Brandi gets this one for all of the reasons a wife should.

BEST BUY? High definition TV.

RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR? Sensi at the Bellagio in Vegas. Best dining experience I have ever had. Again, with Brandi and Adam. Also considered: Uno's in Denver.

KISS OF THE YEAR? That time when Bandit actually got his tongue IN Ben's mouth.

BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR? Marriage.

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR? Some European travel. Client and portfolio growth. A little bit of weight loss.

MOST STUPID IDEA WHEN DRUNK? Benjamin drove a little bit after his Fat Chick comment.

TV SHOW OF THE YEAR? Southpark takes it by a mile.

VIDEO GAME OF THE YEAR? Assassin's Creed was unbelievable. Also considered: Tomb Raider Anniversary and Guitar Hero 3

MOST LOYAL FRIEND? See LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD.

BIGGEST CHANGE OF THE YEAR? Marriage.

BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG AWARD? Co-award winners Hank Steinbrenner and Brian Cashman can been seen making bad decisions all year in 2008 as well. Also considered: Robert Jordan for dying.

WORST NEW WORD AWARD? "Fetch" as opposed to "fuck". Thank you to the Mormon's for reminding us that it is not the words we speak but the spirit in which we speak them.

5 comments:

Deuce said...

I'm gonna go ahead and question your Song of the Year. Obviously you didn't know Santana is THE most overrated guitarist ever.

Colabella said...

I'm sorry deuce. I forgot that Your Excellency was easily offended by artists that could be considered "less than"... kind of reminds me of me.

LoriLoo310 said...

Where's my award? Yes, I need to be validated by a blog award.

Colabella said...

My apologies Loo. I didn't think I had room for...

Wife's best new friend: Loo
Hostess of the year: Loo
Cutest child of the year: NGC
Best married couple in Utah: Loo/BSC
Best dressed/accessories: Loo
Most organized (anal) person: Loo
Needs most validation: Loo

Hope that helps Loo. It wont happen again at next year's award show. In fact, I will name them the 2008 Loo Awards!

LoriLoo310 said...

Yes!! The Loo awards, I like the sound of that :)